Our Classroom Activities
EKM Daily Work Cycle
8:30 am - 11:30 AM
Group Time presenting Montessori Activities for Math, Language, Sensorial, Practical Life and Culture Learning
Intentional Teaching & Child Initiated Activities
11:30am - 2:00 PM
2:00 pm - 3:30 PM
Prepare for 2nd Cycle of Montessori Activities for Math, Language, Sensorial, Practical Life and Culture Learning)
Interest Groups (Optional)
3:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday- Music Workshop with Hey Dee Ho Music
Tuesday- To be announce
Wednesday- Soccer class with Ginger Sports
Thursday- Mandarin classes with Miss Louise
Friday- Christian class with Miss Theresa & Miss Desire
Note: All Workshops commence at 3:30 pm and runs for 30 mins duration.
3:30 - 6:00pm
Playground Free Time for Parents Pick up
Our Centre Core Values
We believe that communication is central to everything we do.
We strive to establish clear, honest and a variety of effective commination with our fellow educators, children and families in a professional manner at all times.
Our educators, children and families work together to effectively acknowledge and respect each child’s role and unique abilities.
We believe in developing positive relations within the centre and community.
We believe in open-ended communication valuing diversity and respect with every family.
We honour children through loving, nurturing communication, celebrating their abilities in a healthy, safe and stimulating environment.
We value respect for our centre, staff, children, families, and the broader community.
We believe this is done through encouraging family and community input on a regular basis and acknowledging that each person is unique and a valued member of society.
We endeavour to engage in and encourage conservation and sustainability.
We believe in, acknowledge and value a sustainable environment. We feel this is best achieved by supporting children to understand and take part in these practices.
We believe in the right of all children. We endeavour to promote an environment where children, families and educators feel safe, secure and supported at all times.
We believe in professionalism in our relationships, interactions, communications and decisions within our centre.
We hold a high expectation with regards to the presentation and professionalism of our team of highly skilled and passionate educators.
QLD Government Kindergarten Approved Program
Excellent Kids Montessori provides an Approved Kindergarten Program
• Children who participate in a quality early education program enjoy a flying start to learning and life.
• Kindergarten programs offer a safe and caring environment in which children can build confidence in their abilities, extend their skills and have fun while learning.
• By participating in a kindergarten program, children discover new learning experiences and establish relationships that create a strong foundation for their future education.
QKFS Plus Kindy Support
QKFS Plus Kindy Support provides low or no-cost kindy to eligible families. The subsidy is provided directly to our Centre to reduce your out of pocket expenses. You will be eligible if you:
• Hold a current Australian Government Health Care Card (or have a child that does)
• Foster family with a current Australian Government Health Care Cards
• Identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (or have a child who does)
• Have 3 or more children, of the same age enrolled in the Kindergarten Program in the same year